Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Self Reflection

1. I think the work I did on this project was done well. The poem I found are from the World War I time period so I think it reflects the overall mood of that time. I tried to be descriptive with my Battlefield Orders because I found informative websites that went into much detail for each of the questions.

2. I do like this project because it is different than normal school projects. Although, it was kind of difficult for me since I am not technically inclined.

3. My work reflects my learning because I learned about war and the effects of it. Looking up and reading journal entries of soldiers from World War I helped me fully understand the reality of what they went through. I attempted to convey the emotions of the war in my poem and picture.

4. This project made me question my position on war. I used to think of war as a way to protect and defend one’s country, but if innocent lives are being risked, is war worth it? That is what the book and the project made me wonder. I learned that there was more to war than I had taken into account. Before reading this book, I hadn’t thought of what it would actually be like to be over seas fighting. This project made me realize how much we should appreciate everything our troops do to support our country.


5. I learned that war can be pointless. People at home don’t realize what soldiers are really going through and what a life changing affect war has on them. War makes adolescents grow up too fast and forget what it is like to actually live. Life lessons I have learned would be to not take anything for granted and to live life to the fullest. Simple passions like Paul’s and others during war times can be taken away so suddenly. You can never know for sure if it will be the last day you see someone or which day will be your last.

No comments: